Naturopathy is a holistic approach to wellness based on the principle that the body has the inherent ability to heal itself. Using the healing power of nature and gentle therapeutic techniques, the body, mind and emotions are supported during the healing process.
Naturopathic principles are based on treating each person as an individual and treating the whole person, not just the affected area.
a system of alternative medicine based on the theory that diseases can be successfully treated or prevented without the use of drugs, by techniques such as control of diet, exercise, and massage (Wiki).
Naturopathy encompasses a variety of treatment methods including:
- Herbal Medicine to help prevent and treat various illnesses
- Dietary and Nutritional advice for restoration of balance, detoxification and prevention of disease
- Lifestyle advice to promote well-being and to reduce stress
- Hydrotherapy using the healing power of water to stimulate the immune system and the body’s natural defences
- The use of compresses and packs to stimulate organ function and to reduce pain
Health is linked to emotional responsiveness in the face of changing life circumstances and social interactions. The word “e-motion” tells it all – we want to keep our feelings and energy in motion, rather than locking them in our tissues. – Sat Dharam Kaur