The weather is getting cooler and we are getting a little hungrier. Satisfy the early morning breakfast dilemma with this great recipe.
By Claire Wingrove (@healthylivingaus)
Overnight oats are such a simple and nourishing way to fuel your body for the day! This recipe is perfect for breaking your fast in the morning. Oats are such an amazing wonder food as well as providing the perfect slow-release of energy to keep you boosted for the day. They will keep you fuller for longer and are perfect to boost your brain power for the day!
Along with the benefits of chia seeds, flax and mesquite, you will get a nice dose of Omega 3 fatty acids, fiber, protein, vitamins and hormone-balancing goodness!
- 1/2 cup raw/traditional organic oats
- 1/2 cup homemade almond milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. flax meal (optional)
- 1 tsp mesquite powder (optional, can replace with protein powder)
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 2 tbsps coconut yogurt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1. Combine all ingredients in a sealed container and stir to combine
2. Store in fridge overnight, or minimum 3 hours
3. In the morning, add desired toppings, including other half of banana and whatever else you fancy.